CasP version 6.0 (November 2020)
- Better description of the valence electrons according to the IDA and TCS models in Physical Review A, 94, 042704 (2016) and J. Phys. B At. Mol. Opt. Phys., 50,185201 (2017)
- Command line version (Windows/Mac/Linux) from input CasP.ini file
CasP version 5.2 (December 2013)
- Capture was added for charge-equilibrium conditions according to the model in Physical Review A84, 052703 (2011)
- Small improvements in the GUI for compounds
CasP version 5.0 (April 2011)
- Momentum distributions from Bessel-Fourier transform of HFS wave functions stored in dens.TAB
- Improved storage of electronic densities in dens.TAB
- Use of HFS momentum distributions to implement shell-corrections in neutral targets
- Use of hydrogen-like momentum distribution (with effective
charges from the virial theorem) to implement shell corrections in
- Charge-state scan option is default
- Improved shell corrections with "forced shell corrections re-normalization"
- Improved electron-loss contribution by using a kinematical suppression for high-energy ionization
- Zeff for the UCA scaling changed to "Original"
- "Get lineshape parameters option" (for head-on collisions) does not use renormalized shell corrections
CasP version 4.1 (Dezember 2009)
- Improved treatment of the shell corrections for lineshape asymmetry
- Improved accuracy for numerical integrations and interpolations
CasP version 4.0 (July 2008)
- Modification on how BLOCH and SHELL CORRECTIONS are implemented
- Internal charge number for the UCA scaling for screened projectiles was improved
- Close collision function h was replaced by an accurate fit formula
- Improved accuracy for deeply bound inner shell by introducing new gridding
- Improvement of a model for the energy-loss spreading at b =0 (output in lineshape.dat)
- Inclusion of the BARKAS EFFECT for close non-Coulombic collisions
- Possible direct selection of the projectile charge-state
- Speed up of stopping cross-section calculations
CasP version 3.2 (April 2007)
- Improved relativistic correction accounting now for the impact-parameter dependence.
- New: projectile-electron loss (energy losses due to projectile ionization and excitation) option now also for compounds
- New MEIS energy-loss parameter output (in ASCII data file ’lineshape.dat’).
CasP version 3.1 (August 2004)
- Implementation of extended Bragg’s additivity rule for compounds.
- New solid/gas target selection.
- Improved accuracy for the kernel integration in the case of K shells of
very heavy atoms such as Uranium.
CasP version 3.0 (April 2004)
- Improved low-energy behavior due to new SHELL CORRECTION option.
- Improved accuracy for deeply bound inner shells.
CasP version 2.2 (March 2004)
- Slightly improved fit formulas with shell effects for projectile charge-states
in gases (uncertainty is now reduced from dq = 0.48 to 0.46 charge units and
from 2.6% to 2.3%)
- Improved accuracy for CHARGE-STATE SCAN option (depends now on accuracy
parameter) and, thanks to H.Paul, bug for light ions (H, He) is removed
CasP version 2.1 (December 2003)
- New projectile-electron loss (energy losses due to projectile ionization
and excitation) option
- Improved fit formulas with shell effects for projectile charge-states in
solids (uncertainty is now reduced from dq = 0.54 to 0.28 charge units and
from 2.3% to 1.6%)
- Improved accuracy for CHARGE-STATE SCAN option
- Improved periodic table for projectile/target selection
CasP version 1.2 (October 2001)
- New projectile charge-state and screening options:
CHARGE-STATE SCAN for equilibrium energy losses
GENERAL projectile screening for non-equilibrium energy losses (scaled
- Minor changes for output and data storage (STORE electron density)
CasP version 1.1 (October 2000)
- Improved mean-charge-state formulas for gases and solids
- Minor changes for input and data display
CasP version 1.0 (March 2000)
- The first public (bug free?) version of the program.
CasP beta-version 1.0 (January 2000)
(pre CasP ages)